Top Super Foods of 2019
Roxberry Marketing Team
12 August 2019
There is always something new in the world of food trends but what are the top foods that are amazing for you in 2019? Take a look at our compiled list and hopefully find a few new ways to incorporate them into your diet.
- Fermented Foods – Fermented foods have long been a breakfast staple in the form of yogurt but this year kefir and kombucha have made a huge impact on the food scene. Kefir is a fermented milk drink that can be found in most supermarkets nowadays. It is similar to a thin yogurt drink and is made from kefir grains. While kefir has been around for centuries it is just becoming popular as a superfood. Kombucha is a fermented tea that has endless variations. You can find it with almost any flavor and is even available via draft in high-end supermarkets. This fizzy drink has probiotics and has been said to help with digestion as well as noted for improving gut health and liver function.
- Avocados – Not doubt avocados are delicious but did you know that they pack a punch of health benefits as well. Their nearly 20 vitamins and minerals along with with healthy doses of dietary fiber may be the cause of the avocado toast craze, but no matter the reason we all love it! Avocados are also so versatile and can be eating on their own as a snack (I like them diced with a little salt and hot sauce), in delicious dishes both sweet and savory, or as a great way to add a creamy texture to a smoothie.
- Seeds – It is no surprise to see these nutritional powerhouses on the list of 2019 superfoods! Noteworthy among the seed group are hemp seeds, chia seeds, and flax seeds. Since seeds carry all the essential building blocks to create, it makes sense that they are so good for us. Try some adding some ground seeds to just about anything to up the nutritional content or try them whole in granola. If you want an easy way to incorporate them into your diet grab any Roxberry Juice Co.’s bowls that have granola and you will be getting both chia and flax. YUM!!
- Ancient Grains- Farro, Quinoa, and Millet are some of the most common of the ancient grains and easy to add to your diet. These grains are so versatile and can replace some of the less healthy options for mealtime starches. Replace rice with quinoa, use millet to bulk up salads, and faro as a substitute for past products. How many ancient grains have you tried?
- Exotic Fruits, Açaí – Açaí is packed to the brim with antioxidants and heart-healthy fatty acids. It is also a great base to picture-perfect smoothie bowls (check out our favorites here) and delicious addition to smoothies in general. While not as widely available as many of the other superfoods here on the list, you can find it frozen in specialty stores or at all Roxberry Juice Co. locations.
- Blueberries – Blueberries contain phytochemicals such as flavonoids, anthocyanins, and resveratrol. Even more important, THEY ARE DELICIOUS. Their ability to cut the risk of memory loss, heart disease, and in some studies even reduce the risk of cancer is just an added bonus in our opinion.
- Beets – Not just important to Dwight Schrute anymore, these sub-terranean gems pack healthy doses of vitamin B, iron, copper, magnesium, potassium, and manganese. Beets have also been linked for a long time to offsetting the risk of many chronic diseases. This and other reasons are why they show up in many of our menu items at Roxberry.
- Nuts – Nuts contain heart-healthy fats that have been proven to lower cholesterol levels. They are also jam-packed with more micronutrients, flavonoids, and isoflavones than commerical multivitamins. Try out our P-Nut Butter Blast and see how good it makes you feel.
- Coconut – Coconut is available in so many different forms from the ever-popular coconut oil, used in everything from cooking to beauty products, to the simplest shaved coconut you can top almost anything with. Since coconut is high in polyphenols that have been shown to improve blood flow to your brain and improve its function we think this sweet treat should be your new go-to afternoon snack.
- Non-Dairy Milks – while almond milk is the biggest player in the game, people are looking to other plant-based milks for additional health benefits. Our cashew mylk is one of the best available on the market. Pair it with yummy dates and decadent cacao for one of the most delicious, and nutritious, chocolate milks you have ever had!!
Superfoods list was found on cookinglight.com
The Roxberry mission is simple: We aim to provide our customers with the best quality smoothies, bowls, and fresh-pressed juices possible. Please feel free to let us know how we can best serve you.